Well, finally. Finally, I put up a compost bin to keep the chickens out of it. They’ve only been tearing the thing apart since our Life Groups started in May. It looks so, so much better than it has. I pounded two t-posts (and yes, I dropped the pounder on my foot again) and then zip-tied chicken wire from the garden fence to the t-posts. On one side I attached the wire with s-hooks so that I can take it down to go in and turn the pile & shovel it out when it’s ready. I’m so glad that job is done, but wish I had done it on a cooler day. Even with sunscreen on my face was bright red & I was swimming in sweat – gross!
We’ve had a more relaxed week and I was able to get the kids’ school schedules done & all of the new books ready for school to start. I still have some straightening & cleaning in the school room and need to print off schedules, but the books are ready to go.
Sorry I can’t really remember what we did this week, but it wasn’t much. I think I’m finally finding my elusive summer.
And That’s What’s Happening on the Homestead!